A while ago I found myself stuck in a sandwich rut, but since then I have compiled a list of lunch ideas that we love and all without a sandwich in sight.
1) Eggy pittas – scrambled egg mixed with grated cheese & chopped red pepper/tomato stuffed into a wholemeal pitta bread with cucumber on the side.
2) Mini roast (without the meat) – Yorkshire pudding, stuffed with steamed carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and drizzled with gravy. I make my own yorkies using this recipe.
3) Yummy – cheese & sweetcorn scones – recipe here.
4) Warm sliced wholemeal pitta bread – team with humus cucumber and carrot sticks.
5) Simple pasta – you can’t beat pasta and tomato sauce with a little sprinkle of cheese on top.
6) A classic – Cheese on toast. I like to add some pickle or Marmite below the cheese and a dash of worcestershire sauce on top.
7) Jacket potato – with cheese & beans / tuna & mayo / chilli con carne.
8) Tortilla wraps – stuffed with tuna mayo & cucumber / ham and cheese / chicken and pepper.
9) Crumpets – I love mine with real butter, but the boys will eat them with everything from cheese to jam.
10) Pancakes – with fresh strawberries, bananas etc. or they also taste great with cheese and tomato!
12) Mini homemade pizzas – get the children to help make them and add their favourite toppings. ‘The comfort of cooking’ blog has a good recipe.
13) Left over quiche – just add a handful of salad. I use this recipe.
Do you have any non-sandwich lunch ideas I could add to the list? I’d love to hear them!